Lurch

Default Mounting a consumer unit neatly

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:12:27 +0100, Martin Angove
strung together this:

Needless to say it'd have been far too difficult to try to get them into
the box, so I ended up re-doing the lot on a piece of ply with several
junction boxes mounted on it. Justifying this extra half-day or so of
work to this client was difficult, but 526-03-02 made me think: had I
simply put a (very large) choccie block on the ends of the CPCs and
wrapped the lot in GY tape, this might not have satisfied other
regulations, but would it have satisfied 526-03-02?

I might come back to this tomorrow, it's making my eyes go funny at
the moment, it's been a long week!

the landing light is wired with its live taken from the
downstairs lighting circuit (jumpered into hall switch, on to landing
switch, up to landing light) but takes its neutral from the upstairs
lights. I thought this wasn't allowed?

It's not.
--

SJW