Fred

Default What ever happened to service manuals?

"John Del" wrote in message

I started out about 1970 repairing 50s through the 60s era TVs. While TVs
certainly needed a lot of attention, they didn't need tubes every three or

four
weeks. A properly serviced TV would give 2 to 4 years of decent service

before
needing some sort of attention, but ministrations of most sort were cheap

back
then. BTW, IMO the most reliable TVs ever built were built from the early

70s
through the late 80s. I can't tell you how often customers offer to me a

free
TV from that era that still works.

I've still got the last model Zenith TV that was made in the US. Circa 1983
maybe? Still works like new and never opened the back.