Paul

Default Blinding

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:ce5a42fffbc7f2622ac50c46414e6938.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Paul" wrote in message

Can you use soft sand for blinding, filling in the gaps in brick rubble,

or
will this get absorbed. . I'm laying a raised patio with a retaining

wall
and would use ballast but I just happen to have a lot of spare soft

sand.

You need to use something in between the broken bricks. I am no expert
but gravel will do nicely. Then use the sand as blinding. It is to
shield the dpc from the broken edges of the hardcore.

Thanks Michael.

Could I use soft sand to fill in the gaps in the brick rubble as I have
tons of it, instead of gravel. Or would soft sand be absorbed eventually
into the soil beneath.

Paul.