Default Router recommendations

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:29:18 -0400, Richard Clements
wrote:

Paul in MN wrote:

I've narrowed my search down to a couple of routers, mostly based on
price.
Both seem to be at least fairly regarded. One is the Hitachi M12V that I
can get for $161.00, and the Dewalt DW621 for $179.00. I realize the
Hitachi is higher powered than the Dewalt, but as a non-pro (weekend
putzer)
I'm not sure if it is needed. On the other hand with the extra ponies it
is
still a tad cheaper. The router will be mounted in a table and will stay
there. Anyone have any thoughts/recommendations/tales to tell on either
of these.
Thanks in advance,

Paul

dose either have a spindle lock, I got a makita, nice router, but it doesn't
have a spindle lock and it's an endless source of frustration with the
knuckle breaker wrench set up, especially in my table. it may be a little
silly thing but I'm never getting router with out one EVER AGAIN!

I have a stable of routers, some with spindle locks, some with dual
wrenches.

dual wrenches wins every time in my shop.