Steve and Stephanie

Default Fitting a water metre?

Our local water board (United Utilities) fitted a water meter after
convincing me that we would pay less for water on a meter. There was an
agreement that if it didn't then I could revert back to a standard payment
option.
They came out and fitted a meter at the end of my driveway and told me to
enjoy cheaper water.
Straight away I had problems. To cut a very long and boring story short we
had them put us back onto a standard payment option. No one came out to the
meter. The problems continue.
I recently got talking to someone that sells central heating for a living. I
told him of my water problems and he tells me that when a meter is put in
the water board reduce the inflow pipe into the house which in turn reduces
pressure. That is the only way a meter can be fitted.
Now if this is correct it could explain a thing or two.
Can someone confirm this please, so that I can go back to the water board
and try and get things put as they were before this installation.
Thanks