HA HA Budys Here

Default Home Gas Water Heater

From: "Claudia"

since I have a 14 yr old water heater that is refusing to die in a manner
that will allow the home warranty to replace it - I have to replace it,
rather than risk inopportune failure.

So I am being told that the Bradford White Defender is the "be all and end
all". But being the cynical person I am - have come here to FOAK to get 2
cents.

50 Gal, gas fired. it is for a 1200 sq ft condo, with 2 baths, only 1
person living here now, can't conceive of EVER more than 2.

Location is a non-issue - in the garage. haven't run out of hot water on
current unit, sediment not withstanding.

so weigh in please.
__________________________
Totus Tuus
Claudia Satori

14 years old and this standard, nothing special, run-of-the-mill WH has served
you flawlessly and w/o complaint. (Minus the complaint that it's given you no
reason to complain.)

Standard WH's are pretty simple, haven't changed much since the 50's. Don't
feel slighted because WH's don't come out with a newer, better model each year,
or because they aren't "new and improved" semi-annually like laundry
detergents.

A 40 or 50 gallon WH, standard or high-recovery will serve you well for another
14 years. At a cost of less then 300.00 (Oftentimes on sale for around 150.00)
and a typical installation cost of about the same, (Which a reasonably
competant DIY-er can do for nothing) that's less than 50 bucks a year for an
appliance one rarely even has to think about.

My coffee percolator costs more than that per year.