Fred Bloggs

Default Frost free / Auto defrost?

Terry Pinnell wrote:
As our current unit is plainly struggling, I'm about to buy a new
frost-free combination fridge/frezer. But I'm confused about one
feature that is offered on some models and not others, namely
'Automatic defrost'. If the product is frost-free, then why would I
ever need to 'defrost' it? And I've seen posts which seem to imply
this feature is undesirable, and that manual defrosting is preferable.
The more I read, the more hazy the issue becomes!

Any crisp and clear advice on this would be greatly appreciated
please, as I need to place an order fast.

No refrigerator in the world will operate without frost if you block the
drain for the frost water with debris and/or scum formation:-) Those UK
refrigerators you cited would be considered miniature doll-house
accessories in the US- absolutely tiny. How cramped are the quarters in
that country anyway?