mo

Default Fixed a noisy yoke

"Michael A. Covington" wrote in message ...
Some of you may recall my thread, titled "Buzzing flyback," about a sound
that turned out to be coming from the deflection yoke in a computer monitor.

I fixed it with PVC pipe cement, which is a cheap and readily available,
versatile plastic sealant. I poured about an ounce of it slowly all over
and into the yoke, including the space between the yoke and the CRT.

Specifically, I found a position in which the monitor wasn't noisy (lying on
its side) and did much of the pouring from that direction, to try to fix the
loose part (whatever it might be) in that position. It worked.

Because the cement is flammable, you should always let the monitor cool down
before applying it, then let it dry for several hours, until the smell is
almost gone.

Sort of tempted to try that but am concerned if it doesn't work for
me,then I'll never be able to remove the yoke to try dipping it in a
bath of lacquer or something.My unit is a Grundig television.