Larry Jaques

Default 6" vs 8" jointer

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:09:20 -0400, "Gary"
calmly ranted:

BTW, I recently ordered a Powermatic Model 60B 8 incher. I got it from
Amazon who advertises it now for $1,069 I believe. But I called the number
they have on the 60B's webpage, they sold it to me for $1,016. Plus you get
a $25 discount, which I applied to the lift gate service. I think the
marginal difference over the Grizzly G0500 was worth it, but what do I know?

$163 + liftgate service differences are "marginal" to you?
That's a 20% change, Gary. I'd have rated that "whopping"
and say I did well getting that and the extra 3 inches
on the Griz landing strip (8x75 vs. 8x72 for the PM). And
what about the extra blade for smoother cutting on the Griz?

Y'all do things differnt down yonder, ah reckon.

Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects.
----
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications