Conrad Edwards

Default Capping chimney

Conrad Edwards wrote:

In this weeks deluge of rain I can hear water dripping down my chimney
(the rain seems to be coming vertically down here) and a couple of damp
spots have appeared on the wall in an upstairs bedroom where a chimney
breast used to be. The chimney breast is sealed off now with an air vent
included. The air vent is just above the damp spots.

Would capping the chimney off be the best bet seeing as the chimney
isn't used?
Would a roofer or general builder be best for this job (I may also need
the flashing round the roof base of a chimney done too).
What sort of price should I be looking to pay for two chimneys to be
capped in Bradford?

Forgot to say it's an end terrace, one chimney on the roof apex along
the partition wall, the other chimney at the edge of the roof.