Peter Taylor

Default Hardwood floors in bathrooms

Andy Hall wrote

snipped a lot of interesting stuff

Acrylic is not recommended for bathrooms, so were you to use wood,
then a polyurethane would be needed. However, if you don't have
small kids and you use a reasonably absorbent bath mat, I see no
reason not to use a hardwood floor in a bathroom. There will be a
certain amount of movement across the width of the boards with
humidity change, so don't expect a tightly butted appearance all the
time.

I am looking at flooring for my bathroom too and in John Lewis at High Wycombe
there's a nice selection of hardwoods, laminates, cheapy click stuff, Amtico and
even old fashioned lino. The man there said he would not recommend any type of
timber flooring in a bathroom and would not even quote for laying it. So I 'm
looking at Amtico at present - I agree with you about the plasticky look (

Peter