Terry Pinnell

Default Frost free / Auto defrost?

Tony Williams wrote:

We have three fridge/freezers Terry (don't ask why,
because I don't know).

Two of them are Hotpoint "frost free", and really not
worth the extra money and running costs. Overload
them just slightly, (which hampers the internal air
circulation), and the fridge compartment freezes up
(literally, a solid block of ice), whilst at the same
time everything in the freezer section starts to melt.

Don't bother with frost free.

The third is a Bosch auto-defrost, which works very well.

However I should have bought the more expensive Bosch,
which has separate compressors and thermostats for the
fridge and freezer compartments. That type works better
over a wider range of ambient temperatures.

Thanks, Tony. On the basis of that, plus the fact that our current
ailing Hotpointo suffered identical problems to those you describe,
I've just ordered a Bosch.

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK