Default More properties on sale with more than one agent

Jerry Built wrote:

Mike Harrison wrote:
Mike Mitchell wrote:

I'm seeing an increasing number of properties locally which
have been for sale for some time and have now gone to multiple
agency. What benefits/disadvantages are involved (apart from
the obvious one of 2.5% commission instead on 1 - 1.5%) of
multiple agency?

1-1.5%?? Where! I'm paying 1.6% on a house I'm selling....

I sold a house in Peterborough 3 months ago and paid 1.8%+ vat. I got 4
quotes and chose the most expensive (other were down to 1.2%) Not really
sure why it just seemed they were the right agents.

House was sold in 3 days so IMHO the percentage I paid was fine given they
price was slightly above the going rate in that street and the house was a
dump.