tony sayer

Default RCD or not to RCD ...

In article , G&M
writes

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
Q was - To RCD protect a cooker and immersion or not .... the regs do

not
require it, but that may not be best practise.

I can see no reason not to RCD protect these. Even if there was a nuisance
trip, the worse that can happen is a cold supper or bath.

Well its very debatable. It can show up faults in leakage between the
wires in cooker and immersion elements before they finally break down
which can be a good thing. I've never had a problem with it causing a
cold supper or bath tho. Course there might be a time when you
inadvertently connect yourself to the cooker or immersion circuits then
perhaps you'll wish you had;!..

The possible best bet is to use combined overcurrent and leakage units
to protect each circuit at the CU board.....
--
Tony Sayer