Martin Crook

Default wasps eating teak furniture

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Martin Crook" wrote in message
Wasps are turning the garden furniture into their nests! The problem is
that there are enough of them to make sitting/eating on the furniture

rather
an unpleasant experience of late - does anyone have any ideas, we've

tried
sprigs of herbs etc but to no effect, we would rather not use teak oil

on
the furniture (prefer silvered look), I'm not sure if it would help in

any
case.

They're not eating it.

I know this, I presumed they were using it to build nests.

Do you really begrudge the very small amount they take?

Not at all

How much do you take of the Earth's resources for your comfort?

Mary, I think you may have missed my point, I don't care how much they take,
they seem to prefer the teak to the other wood in the garden, which means
that I can't sit down and have a cup of tea without being harassed, I just
want to discourge them from the furniture, have you any ideas? Note that
this is not one isolated chair, there are various bits of teak furniture
distributed around the garden.

Martin