Lurch

Default RCD or not to RCD ...

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 23:14:31 +0100, "G&M"
strung together this:

I can see no reason not to RCD protect these. Even if there was a nuisance
trip, the worse that can happen is a cold supper or bath.

Not really, if the RCD tripped then you would get a cold supper _and_
cold bath if you put the immersion and cooker on the RCD. I would say
the immersion and cooker would cause more nuisance tripping which is
exactly what the deluded chap who started this is trying to avoid
which only further convinces me that he really shouldn't be doing
this.
I think RCBO's would be the only way to prevent nuisance tripping
affecting anything else, he's coming in at this from the wrong angle.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd