Maxprop

Default Apple

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote:

Any thoughts on turning apple? Ease? Precautions? Finishing?

Beautiful wood. Difficult - well, easy to turn and finish, IMHO, but
moves a great deal and is prone to cracking - might want to apply
whatever method(s) you believe in with some fervor. ie, boiling, ldd,
paper bags, anchorseal, microwave...

I ran out of Anchorseal, so I resorted to lavishly applying some white latex
paint to the ends of the logs. I plan to begin cutting some of them up soon
into bowl blanks. I have too much wood to turn all of it now, so some will
no doubt dry, and I'll most likely turn a few rough bowls green.

Max