mpdsville

Default Need to Move a Shed

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message ...
"m Ransley" wrote in message
Solid lawnmower type wheels are cheap and you wont need much life out of
them.

Doubtful lawnmower wheels would bear the load--perhaps if a dozen or so of
em could be placed to evenly distribute the weight......

Years ago, I attached a similar shed to a simple skid and dragged mine with
a pickup truck--a tractor probly be better...as theyre geared lower but
still you need to have enough traction and weight to overcome the friction
coefficient of the skids.

As an added bonus, I constructed a 2 ft high wooden perimeter wall around
the new slab, and then set the shed on top of it.....took six strong
guys--did this because the existing design had a *really* low ceiling
height--made a big difference.....no more claustrophobia!!!

Yesterday I went to "Central Tractor Supply" And saw 10" pnumatic tires
mounted on rims. 2 for $9.00 (Wheelbarrow size). You mention you're
planning on having a tractor about anyways.. So my suggestion would be:

Get a pair of wheels (similar to what I saw), A pair of BIG lag screws for
axle pins, and a 4x4x 8.5' . Take these three and create a "one time use"
axle. Using a jack or a neighbor, place your axle under the shed a little
back of its center of balance..(Secure the axle to the structure)..
Instant redneck mobile home. An eye screw on the other end of the shed..

2x8's would serve as a ramp off of the platform...

TIPS:
- Empty the shed prior to moving.
- Hope or determine if the shed is rigid/strong enough to hold its
shape when moved BEFORE moving it
- Do NOT relocate structures alone.. Someone to dial 911 is important.

MPDsville