Alistair Riddell

Default Electrical Advice Please

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Philip wrote:

My problem is this - My iron trips the circuit breaker on the power side of
the House fuse board. This is a relatively new iron definitely less than 6
months old. We purchased the new iron because the old iron was doing the
same thing. Until this week I suspected that the problem was linked to the
wall socket, but 2 days ago the same thing happened while the iron was
plugged in to a socket in a different room.

My question is this - should I suspect that the new iron had developed a
short, or is the problem more likely to be related to the house power
circuits.

What is the nominal rating (amps) of the circuit breaker in question?
Does the circuit breaker incorporate an RCD?
Does it trip when other high-load appliances are used e.g. electric
heater?

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
Microsoft - because god hates us