David

Default Laminate flooring

I ruined a REAL wood floor finish with my office chair. I
refinished that floor and moved my pc and office equipment
to another room with a REAL wood floor. Now THAT floor's
finish has come off. If I was rolling around on a laminate
floor, there wouldn't be a mark on it...

Morale of my little story is you've got some benefit from
having a laminate floor!

David

BruceR wrote:

David wrote:

I absolutely agree. I recently checked out my neighbor's kitchen
remodel and thought that they had a slate floor installed. Then she
reiterated that it was laminate! I looked again and still had a hard
distinguishing the laminate from the REAL tile in the adjacent room.
Amazing stuff. I've got Wilson Art in my kitchen which I installed
about 3-4 years ago; it still looks nice. Of course it doesn't have
the identical look and feel to a professionally installed oak floor,
but it looks good, is VERY durable and took much less time to install
than a traditional floor.

I had little choice (3 years ago). I wanted wood but installation on a
slab limited me to low-profile options. I used "Pickering" brand and it
looks great. Has a much different sound than real wood but given my
options (carpet or tile) this stuff was the right choice.

-Bruce