Andrew Gabriel

Default 3KVA generator prices

In article ,
Terry writes:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 14:24:47 +0100, Owain wrote:

| 3kVA? Just how big is this caravan anyway ?

It's not a caravan, it's a rather large amplified speaker on wheels
:-)

3kVA doesn't give you much power for a decent speaker system. You
really need at least 5kW *per side*, 10kW/side would better. But that
is tiny for an outdoor rig, the great outdoors don't half soak up
sound...

And sound don't alf carry 'out in the open'. It's summer time and
windows are open at night.

Takes me back to my acoustics course at University -- the unit of
sound absorbtion is indeed measured in "square metres of open window",
not that you'd appreciate that if you are outside said open window;-)
The absolute unit isn't much use in practice, you usually end up
using the unitless ratio.

--
Andrew Gabriel