Joe Fabeitz

Default Ceiling Paint - Prime First?

Since the ceiling already has paint on it, STP, or TSP is not required
unless it's a kitchen ceiling and therefore, might be greasy. Just keep the
roller loaded with paint and don't get too carried away with rolling it out.

Ya know, they now make a ceiling paint that goes on with a pink tint but
dries white. This really helps ensure you don't miss spots. I just used it
and it works. H-D, Lowes, etc.

"Mick" wrote in message
I'm going to paint a ceiling (standard 'ceiling white') that hasn't been
painted in roughly 10 years. It's not really all that dirty for being so
old, so I'll probably just wipe it with STP or the like. Should be no
problem with new paint adhering to the old. But here's the question... I
want to be able to cover with the least number of coats possible. Would
priming it first be likely to cut the total number of coats (including the
primer coat) needed? TIA.
---Mick