mike

Default Above ground or below ground Oil tank?

I currently have a 400 gallon underground oil tank for heating my house...
the tank is 11 years old and i moved here last here.. I was thinking about
getting an above the ground oil tank, because i worry that someday it could
spring a leak and would be an enviromental disaster...since everyone up here
has well-water...

was wondering what your opinions are on an above the ground oil tank instead
of the underground one.. I just talked to my oil company over the phone and
they said i would have to substitute kerosene for the oil during the winter
time if i had an above-ground oil tank since the temperature here in
north-east PA gets down to around -10 faurunheit at times.. i never know
this before.. and kerosene costs more money too..

any input would be appreciated..

mike