Mary Fisher

Default What is type of gate?

"Richard Sterry" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:20:32 +0100, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

What do you call a gate in the countryside where the gate itself
swings between two posts? One person at a time walks in and stands in
the "V", swings the gate towards him, then the exit is clear to go out
the other side.

MM

I've always heard them referred to as kissing gates.

Ditto, and it's a traditional use that t'owd woman and I like to keep up -

quick snog if no-one else is waiting to come through!

Oh! The only one to say that people actually do kill when going through
them!

The first person goes through but the second can't have access until he or
she kisses the first.

POWER!

I love them.

Mary
(you don't have to be married to the one going through first - or second.
I've had lots of nice experiences with strangers :-)

Rick