G&M

Default RCD or not to RCD ...

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message

"tony sayer" wrote in message
I'd much prefer everything to be on a 30 ma RCD after all a 100 ma ones
not going to be much fun to try to trip through your body

Agree on life protection, and the 30mA RCD wil provide protection to the

AC
outlets, Radial and Ring Final circuits.

The Best Practise oft talked about is not to have lighting on a 30mA trip
duwe to nusisance tripping, many on this group for example have advocated

no
protection for light circuits.

I stuggle with this. When a light blows here it takes out the circuit trip
but has never to my knowledge tripped our 30mA RCD. Is there something
system dependent here ?