Default Driveway/Garage Drainage Problem

1. Call and ask him to use a concrete saw to install a drain across the
driveway. Home Depot has the plastic trough with a heavy plastic grate that
can be installed. You might want to shop around for a metal equivalent. You
can sue, but don't let it come to that.
2. Don't add a ridge, because when water gets stuck on the wrong side of the
ridge, you will have a flood that can't drain.
-B

"Howie" wrote in message
Last August, we got a guy in to install a new concrete driveway connecting
to our garage (for cash if you know what I mean). The guy didn't slope it
correctly and, when it rains, the water run directly into the south-east
corner of our garage (see photo here):
http://eteamz.active.com/amtrakfastb...es/garage3.jpg.

The water runs along "line B", instead of along "line C" like it should of
(see photo from above).

Somehow, I have to get the water to run along "Line A" (it appears to be

the
best way to route the water), here is another couple of photos:
http://eteamz.active.com/amtrakfastb...es/garage1.jpg,
http://eteamz.active.com/amtrakfastb...es/garage2.jpg.

I just put in a paving stone patio a couple of weeks ago. My questions:

1) Should I call the guy up and complain? What can he do about it?

Remove
the driveway? What if he doesn't want to do anything about it? I can't

sue
a guy that I paid cash to do the job can I?

2) Could I use a layer of "Top and Bond" and make a 1 high ridge along

the
edge of the large garage door and along the rest of the garage south where
the water should run (along line A)?

3) Any other comments / advice / tips / suggestions?

Howie