Joe Fleming

Default Mini lathe semi-mobile stand (pictures)

I use a Black and Decker Workmate for my portable, mini-lathe stand.
It is close to the correct height, is very stable, and easy to fold up
and toss in the trunk. I just pinch the base of the lathe with the
bench dogs. It works fine. One of these days, I'm going to build a
shallow box to put underneath to raise the lathe a bit and to create a
place for holding more tools.

Joe Fleming - San Diego

"Brian Combs" wrote in message ...
It really looks nice. I have my Mercury Mini just sitting on the end of a
bench, not even tied down. I have turned up to 6" out of round stuff on it.
Gets interesting for a while but it works.

Brian