Joseph Meehan

Default bathroom fan not completely vented to soffit vent?

From: "Ho

My question - what kind of soffit vent do I use to attach to the
pipe elbow?

If you have a vinyl covered vented soffit outside just extend the
duct to the nearest opening so it vents thru the soffit vent openings
to the outside.

Unless the pipe is tightly sealed to make sure all the air goes out the
vent and that the vent has enough open area this is not going to work well.
In addition it is recommended that you direct any such venting away from the
house and any other vents that may draw the damp air back in.

Frankly trying to vent out the soffit is a bad idea in my opinion. I
suspect that is why you don't see vents made for that use. I suggest
redirecting it through the roof and repair your soffit knowing that now it
will not be damaged again.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math