Archie

Default Washer/Dryer doesn't dry

Andy

The wash/water heating element is usually in a straight folded
shape (arm length) and sits down the BOTTOM of machine/wash tub,
because that's where the water collects during wash.

The dryer heater more likely is on TOP of machine/tub (to protect
it against water leaks) & is usually small & compact (like those
fine-wire electric heaters/fan heaters at home), and so is
completely different - the heater fan is often next to or is an
integral part of the dryer heater unit (much like a hair-dryer
all in one compact unit), blowing warm air into the tub - this is
the typical design anyway.

I suggest a service engineer to do this - ask around or seek a
local repair shop/engineer if you're overcome by the first
expensive repair figure - some of these service companies are a
pain when it comes to charging people - people must start
complaining to change these ridiculous situations - it looks as
if the parts are free in 'theory' and the money is recovered
through high labour charge!!

"Moi" wrote in message
| PS: It does heat up very hot when washing, just not when
drying. Does
| washer and dryer share the same heating element? If so, it
works, and I'm
| confused again!
|
| "Moi" wrote in message
| The electricity meter doesn't whiz round anywhere near as
much as if I
| turn
| on the kettle.
| The inside of the machine doesn't heat up when on dry.
|
| Would you conclude this is a failed heating element?
|
| If so, is it easy to fix DIY?
|
| Thanks Archie.
|
| Andy
|
| "Archie" wrote in message

| "Moi" |
| | * I have just put the dryer on again to test what you
| suggested, and the
| | glass is *not* hot, but there is a very slightly warm,
humid
| air feel around
| | the liquid tray and inside.
| | * Furthermore when I hit OFF, I can hear the fan power
down
| (it sounds
| | like when the guy on the Death Star pulls that lever just
| before it's about
| | to destroy Yavin, right?!)
| | * My electricity meter does speed up slightly with it
on,
| but not a great
| | deal and not as much as if I turn a few lights on.
| |
| | What does this troubleshooting suggest to you is the
culprit?
| Heating
| | element perhaps?
| |

| Andy, if the fan is pushing air out through the drain pipe:
|
| You could try pouring some hot water/steam inside drum and
see if
| the fan is pushes any out through the pipes to outside - or
even
| see any small air bubbles come out of drain pipe when you
| submersed its end SLIGHTLY in a jug/bucket of water, for
only a
| SHORT time when the fan is running (if you can hear the fan
then
| it's should be running).
|
| The heater should have a noticeable effect on the
electricity
| meter, no? - for comparison, try the same with your
electric