Tony Hayes

Default Want to move Carport

BillR wrote:

Christian McArdle wrote:
I want to move it LOL!!! Yes, I'm serious ............. Now my brain
tells me it will have to be dismantled, but before I take it apart
has anyone got any ideas how I could move it intact, or even
partially intact?

You can get those hovercraft things, like they move spacecraft and
power station generating equipment on.

Christian.

P.S. why 4in x 4in uprights? Were you planning to keep the cars ON the
carport, rather than under it?!?

They're to hold up that weighty roof :-)

Yes, the roofing sheets are quite heavy - at least 8 of them together are!
And 4x4s aren't that much more expensive than 3x3s, so I thought i would err
on the safe side. I thought the plastic type roofing sheets seemed pretty
flimsy. It is the most solid carport I've ever seen though ;-) It's
painted green and the sheets are green and blends in OK with a background of
trees in the field behind.

Tony