tony sayer

Default Angle Grinder...

In article , Matthew Durkin
writes
Hi All,
I need to buy an angle grinder to cut some decorative concrete slabs. I've
tried with a chisel, and they won't break with a neat enough finish.
So, I've looked around and found them in all sorts of price ranges.
Looking on screwfix I noticed a 'Kinzo' brand angle grinder that takes the
larger 9" blades for only £19.99. Has anyone bought / used one of these? Are
they any good? Amazingly they do a 4½" blade for £6.99!!
I know for the job I'm doing the smaller blades would be fine, but I may
need something bigger down the line.

I know that cheap probably means it'll burn out on my third stone, but if
anyone has one and knows different I'd be keen to know.
If they are crap - which is a good value one? There's a ferm 4½ at ~£16 and
a 2200W 9" 'GENERAL' brand one at £40.
I also saw that there's a black and decker one for about £30 in Homesbase
(4½") that has a more powerful motor than most on Screwfix.

OK - so I'm confused. Is a known brand lower power one going to last longer
(and be better to use) than a never heard of brand but more powerful
machine.
I'm keen to avoid a repeat of the homebase excel jigsaw and router palava
(just don't buy HB excel!!)

help!
Matt

I bought a cheepie 5 inch one some years ago for about 20 quid and its
still going strong, and more recently a Mckellar one from Focus a 9 inch
for about 40 quid and it seems quite good quality. I see that the other
sheds have a number of different makes, but at the time had no stock!...
--
Tony Sayer