tonyp

Default OT-CNN: Bush Got Bounce From Dem Convention

"Ed Huntress" wrote

The thing that concerns me is that the interest on the national debt is
getting high enough that it will lay like a wet blanket over economic
recovery and growth for many years to come. If we're in an era of slow and
difficult economic expansion, as we appear to be, it could make any recovery
sputter in slow motion for more than a decade.

I say again: let's privatize the national debt. We the people are the ones who
owe it, anyway. Let's assign each of us his individual share to service or pay
down as he sees fit. Converting "the national debt" into 300 million "private"
debts would not change how much "we" owe. But it _would_ change how we, as
voters, look at government finances. Why, even Gunner might think twice about
the wisdom of cutting Warren Buffet's taxes if that translates directly into a
bigger balance due on _Gunner's_ debt account :-)

-- Tony P.