Joseph Meehan

Default Digital vs. dial thermostat

ATL wrote:
Is there any difference between a digital-programmable thermostat and
the old-fashioned dial thermostat? I am wondering about the
sensitivity of the digital vs. dial. Does anyone have a preference?
If so, why? The reason I ask is that last year I had the dial type,
but replaced it over the winter with a digital. It may be my
imagination, but it just seems that the a/c is kicking on over shorter
intervals than last year.

Yea, one shows digital and one analog. The also work different, but the
results are the same. Differences in results are more a matter of the
quality of the control than the type. Digitals often come with more
features and may also come with the ability to be more sensitive, but that
is not always the case.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math