~KJPRO~

Default Digital vs. dial thermostat

"ATL" wrote in message
om...
Is there any difference between a digital-programmable thermostat and
the old-fashioned dial thermostat? I am wondering about the
sensitivity of the digital vs. dial. Does anyone have a preference?
If so, why? The reason I ask is that last year I had the dial type,
but replaced it over the winter with a digital. It may be my
imagination, but it just seems that the a/c is kicking on over shorter
intervals than last year.

The digital is more accurate in keeping the temperature in a certain range.

They can be adjusted so that the range is wider, allowing for longer run/off
intervals.

~kjpro~