Gary Coffman

Default OT-CNN: Bush Got Bounce From Dem Convention

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 21:19:15 -0400, "Wayne Mak" makowicki wrote:
Ok so selling off assets that we as Americans can use to pay the dept to
foreign countries is good in the long run????? Sell off our land to have a
bigger boat with no where to use it??? We have to pay our way as we go, not
have a government that will just pass the buck to the next guy.

The federal debt as of 8/5/04 is $7,305,957,273,110.85.
That's $35,331.19 per taxpayer. When can we expect
your check?

Meanwhile, the federal government holds 627,000,000 acres
of land off the commercial market. Much of it is raw land in the
West, but a significant amount of it is in urban areas where
commercial land is valued *much* higher. It has been estimated
that selling off merely 20% of federal property holdings would
completely pay off the federal debt.

Gary