Dave Mundt

Default 6" vs 8" jointer

Greetings and Salutations...

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:34:47 +0200, Juergen Hannappel
wrote:

"Lee Gordon" writes:

If you're worried about nicking the knives with a hidden nail, invest in a
Lumber Wizard or similar metal detector.

What about hidden stones?

Well, at least here in America, the likelihood
of finding a stone in a board seems to be pretty low. I have
never had that happen, actually...although I have found bullets,
nails, barbed wire and the occasional horseshoe (all metal). THe
bullets are not a problem, of course, as lead is pretty soft.
However the nails and other chunks of harder metal are a bitter
pill if not caught BEFORE running through the thickness planer/
Jointer.
Regards
Dave Mundt