RonB

Default Harbor Freight 3x21" belt sander (short review)

I can't say I'm a big HF fan but a couple of years ago they ran an ad for a
$99 mortiser. I ended up bringing one home and have been fairly pleased (I
didn't say "delighted", "overjoyed" or "elated"). The machine has plenty of
power, the chisels that came with it are decent, it cuts square holes and
the hold down hardware sucks. While the lever is long enough, it has a
small problem contacting the table or work at full extension.

I figure what the heck:

- It cost $99
- The hold down hardware can be improved
- The handle can be improved by reshaping
- It cuts square holes
- If it smokes, I'l get a better one someday
- If it doesn't smoke, I might get a better one anyway but this one works
for now.

"Wolf Lahti" wrote in message
In article ,
(Joe Emenaker) wrote:

I really can't find any way to convince myself that
my money would have been better spent on a premier sander when
compared to this one which costs me less than a tank of gas.

Where do you buy your gas?