DarylRos

Default Woodsucker II vs. Oneida 2hp

I can't find a compelling reason to buy one over the other. BRBR

I just got the Woodsucker, although it is not installed yet. I went with this
over the Oneida for de3sign reasons: it will handle the way ineed to send back
return air better. Although I have not yet assembled it, it is a heavy, very
sturdy series of parts. For sound deadening, I just came back from Lowe's, for
a length of insulated AC duct (8"), whcih Larry at Woodsucker says works well
for that purpose.

I did order my ductwork from Oneida though. Larry gave the name of a cheaper
place, whcih he says works well (can't recall right now), but Oneida has the
widest selection of parts you will ever see, and most of the machines needing
hookup are metric.

A friend got the Oneida, and had them design the ductwork, a handy service.

Also, check www.billpentz.com for more dust collector info. He reviewed
severral cyclons, and rated them both very highly.

I intend to write a review for my club newsletter, at www.liwoodworkers.org
(the Long Island Woodworkers Club) when I finish installing and and finish
testing it.