Stuart

Default hot swapping rads

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:25:17 GMT, "Alex" wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
N. Thornton wrote:

I want to move radiators without removing them, and without draining,
for access behind them. No its not for painting. In principle one can
loosen the pipe connections, swing the rad down and retighten. But...
I believe rads are usually hooked onto brackets on the wall, in which
case how does one move the thing without unplumbing it? Theyre modern
rads, probably early 70s.

I know this is done, just dont know how to do it!

The bracket 'hooks' are usually 6-10mm deep, so you only need to be able
to lift the rad by that much. If the pipes go through the floor, there
is almost always enough play to unhook the rad.

--
Grunff

And the design of every rad that I've seen is such that there is no way to
remove them aside from how Grunff mentions.

Alex

Yeras ago I saw an idea that had the radiators held to the brackets by
pins going through holes in both rad and bracket,instead of the rads being
hooked on .There was also a chain connecting rad and bracket and when you
wanted to decorate you loosened the connections ,removed the pins and
folded the rad forward and tightened up the connections and did the
reverse when finished .. Apparently it never caught on...
Stuart

--

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "