Richard Henshall

Default Bosch dishwasher problem

"Frisket" wrote in message ...
"Frisket" wrote in message news:...
Thanks for the replies and sorry it's taken so long to come back.
It's a 4012 model for those collecting numbers ;-)
Outcome:-
Lifted the laminate flooring (boo-hoo) and dragged the machine out. Couldn't
find my torx bits so had a trip to b&q and got SWMBO to part with enough
gold to buy a set (complete with various drill bits, sockets etc - well you
never know when they'll come in handy he-he). Got the top off with a few
well aimed blows from a rubber mallet. Removed the sides and found that the
pump I could feel down the drain hole is in fact the one that does the
circulating TOP TIP if you frig the door interlock on a dishwasher and set
it running make sure the programmers set to pump out and not to wash. You
wouldn't believe 1. How fast the arms go round & 2. How far the water will
go from said arms when the door is open.
Placed gob over end of hose and blew hard. Nothing seemed to happen but when
I turned it back on the bloody thing emptied and has been ok ever since...
Don't think there was a blockage as I emptied it into a bowl and had a good
look - NICE!
Rebuilt it, replaced it and kicked it. Just the laminate flooring to replace
this weekend (after I've modified the cupboard it lives in so it'll sit on
top of the flooring).
Once again thanks,
Regards, Richard

I have just bought an SGS 5002 dishwasher very cheap because it had
stopped working. After reading this thread and checking the
http://www.bshappliancecare.com/bshspares.html site (thanks, Federica)
I got exploded parts diagrams etc. and as a last resort called their
service and got to speak to an engineer about my problem.

The problem was that the machine would go some way into a cycle and
then stop, continuing to make pumping noises, as if blocked. This had
apparently begun soon after a re-charge of salt into the softener by
the previous owners. My problem was solved by realising that they had
loosened the nut securing the softener to the bottom of the machine
(causing a steady leak) instead of just the cap. The base of this
Bosch is a water-tight plastic tray which is fitted with a flood
prevention float switch (if there is sufficient leakage the cycle
stops immediately and attempts to drain). Until the base is emptied
this will continue indefinitely.

Perhaps some have had a similar problem and the solution has been to
empty (accidentally) the base when removing the machine for
inspection?

Another possible cause for erratic behaviour that has occurred to me
is that the presence of spilt salt granules could jam the pump until
the salt dissolves - ie after the machine has been dismantled!

Good luck everyone!