Wyatt Wright

Default Woodsucker II vs. Oneida 2hp

I don't currently have dust collection. As I spend more time in the
shop and get ready to build kitchen cabinets, I can't put it off any
longer. I came close to buying one of the new canister types by Jet
or Delta, but have decided to do it right and buy a cyclone.

I have done quite a bit of research in this newsgroup and on the web
and have narrowed it down to the Oneida 2hp and the Woodsucker II.
I'm sure that either unit will offer excellent performance in my 2-car
garage shop.

I can't find a compelling reason to buy one over the other. The price
difference between these two units is small enough that it is not a
consideration. One thing that may matter is how loud the units are,
but I am unable to find decent stats.

I'm in the St. Louis area and don't know of a place where I can see
either of these units in action.

Thoughts, comments, experience are requested. Thanks.