The Natural Philosopher

Default Woodburners and dry lining

Grunff wrote:

4-LOM wrote:

What I need to know is: how far should the woodburner be from the
walls in order to stop it damaging them. Although I know that
plasterboard is fire retardant, I assume you can't have a heat source
too close to them permanently. Is the 6" of hearth enough, or do I
need more?

You need *a lot* more. Wood burners radiate a huge amount of heat when
they get going. I don't think you want any plasterboard within 2-3 feet
of the wood burner.

In reality, this means that you need to surround it with brick/stonework.

No. just use multibiard instead of plasterboard.

Don't use polystyrene insulation anywhere near tho. That IS dangerous.