Robert Galloway

Default Cutting firewood with a table saw

I've had a number of friends who've had a favorite lawn tree go down in
wind or dutch elm or in the way of the power company who know I'm a
woodworker and ask if I wouldn't love to have their tree. Good sized
trunks I haul to a guy with a Wood Miser. The little ones, I've cut up
on a 14" Delta with riser block. People love to see a piece of
furniture made of their Bradford Pear or whatever. It's worth the effort.

bob g.

Phisherman wrote:

I start off with an old hand-held B&D planer. That gives me one flat
side to start. Then I turn the log 90 degrees and plane that side
before truing it up on the jointer. Then I take it to the table saw.
I found it awkward using a bandsaw to cut a log, perhaps its the 3/4
HP motor or limited blade height.