Robert Galloway

Default Cutting firewood with a table saw

Nothing wrong with that idea at all. I thought he was looking for a
"power" approach to the problem. I usually have more toys than time and
use hand tools when I think the experience is a whole lot better
(reduced noise and dust) or I think the end result is a whole lot better
(scraper versus belt sander). Otherwise, for me it's the power tool
route every time.

rhg

dave in fairfax wrote:

Robert Galloway wrote:

I agree with the idea that the bandsaw's "the" tool for the job but if
he makes a sled for the table saw and secures the pieces of "firewood"
to the sled, I think he's going to be safe enough. Free hand would be a
whole 'nother matter.

How about using a froe and then planing them flatter.
Dave in Fairfax