Hugo Nebula

Default Planning Permission for a conservatory

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:56:41 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
Dougie Nisbet randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

I don't think we need planning permission for a conservatory we're
thinking about getting built. But, dumb questions, assuming I want to just
to be on the safe side, how do I go about getting planning permission?
I've no idea where to start.

Most extensions up to a certain size are "permitted development"
(i.e., no express permission needs to be applied for), although there
are a number of exceptions. You can't apply for permission if it's
not needed. Conservatories are usually exempt from the Building
Regulations, although the criteria is not the same as for Planning.

The best thing to do is to write to the Planning Dept with the details
& sizes of your proposed conservatory and ask them to confirm that it
doesn't need permission. Same thing applies to the Building
Regulations, but write seperately. It's fatal to assume that both
departments talk to each other.
--
Hugo Nebula
'What you have to ask yourself is, "if no-one on the internet wants