Ken Vaughn

Default Mini lathe semi-mobile stand (pictures)

The stand is quite stable with 22" front to back and 26" side to side
between the stabilizing pads. The legs (uprights) are attached to the base
with a locked half lap joint which is glued and screwed. The 8/4 oak is
nearly 2" thick and is very heavy. I will be using the lathe for small
items only, pens and the like, and anything which generates much vibration
will be turned on my large lathe which is very heavy.

The design was loosely based on the Jet pedestal stand made from square
tubular metal. My stand should be quite a bit more stable, but I don't
think you would want to turn something off-center on either one.

--
Ken Vaughn
Visit My Workshop: http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/

"Brian Combs" wrote in message