Leon

Default Problem w/ uneven stain

"davidmc" wrote in message
om...
Snip

So my question is how do I get a nice even stain? Should I apply
another coat of stain and hope that evens it out, or do I need to fix
the problem before applying another coat? Is it possible to remove
the excess stain w/out removing all the stain and the underlying
pigment stain?

I am very familiar with Bartleys stains. Yes, you must wipe the stain on
and almost immediately wipe it off. Otherwise you it starts to dry and is
hard to remove. The good news is that you can reapply stain to those
heavily coated areas and let set a bit and then rub and wipe off the areas
needing attention.

ALSO, you can use common paint thinner to wipe on and even out the stain.