Mike Marlow

Default Cutting firewood with a table saw

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Mike Marlow responds:

I agree with not using the tablesaw, but why not just split it? A wedge

and
a BFH, and you're on your way to lumber.

Isn't it already split? I like the idea from the poster who said a froe

might
be a better way to go. Get it close, plane it down, then think about power
tools.

You may be right Charlie - I was thinking it was just chunked. If it's
already split then it's pretty close to power too ready - depending of
course, on how big a piece it is.

Or a handsaw.

In a case like this, power tools are not going to speed things up much, if

any,
because of the need for special precautions. Even with those special
precautions, problems can occur. Lacking a bandsaw, I'd go with a froe or

handsaw.

I don't own a froe, so I defaulted to suggesting a wedge, which I have used
in the past. Now a froe... Charlie, my wife isn't going to be happy with
you...

--

-Mike-