Jana

Default Laminate flooring

Randall Thomas wrote in message ...
The brother who did it professionally for a few years, used a nonferrous metal
blade.

Bruce wrote:

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:12:57 -0600, Richard Beri wrote
(in message ):

I was just wondering what is the best blade for cutting laminate flooring?
I have about 40 cuts to make with my circular saw, I was hoping I wouldn't
have to use more than one blade. I picked up a good quality 42 carbide
tooth narrow blade would this be adequate and make a clean cut? (i.e no
chipping?). I wasn't sure the riptide blade that came with my saw would be
any good on laminate (20 tooth carbide).

Thanks.

I had to cut about 1000+ sq feet of the stuff. I can't remember how many cuts
but there were a lot.
I used up two of the 40 tooth carbide blades sold by HF at $7.99 each.

-Bruce

IMHO, laminate flooring ranks right up there with peel and stick
linoleum tiles. Looks just as cheap. Sorry to offend anyone...guess
I'm just partial to the real deal. Jana