Dougie Nisbet

Default Planning Permission for a conservatory

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:42:13 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:56:41 +0100, Dougie Nisbet
wrote:

I don't think we need planning permission for a conservatory we're
thinking about getting built. But, dumb questions, assuming I want to just
to be on the safe side, how do I go about getting planning permission?
I've no idea where to start.

Dougie

Look up the planning web page on your local authority site and there
will typically be a section on conservatories there listing all the
things that need to be done (mainly size limits, location and what is
already there) to avoid the need for bureaucratic involvement.

There is a similar thing for building control with different
parameters, but again one can easily be exempt.

Otherwise look on the site of another authority - there are plenty
with this information.

The only significant exception is if there is a conservation area
issue or a specific restriction to permitted development to the
property. For that, contact your local authority.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

fantastic. on the case. Thanks

Dougie